Sunday, August 23, 2009

Little about myself

I'm 35 yrs old and I have been overweight almost all my life. I have been married for almost 9 yrs to a very wonderful man. Almost 10 yrs ago I moved from South Dakota to Wisconsin leaving the safety of my family. I'm also a stay at home mom of 4 beautiful children.

I can't even remember how many diet I have try and failed. If I were to label myself I would  an emotional and a overeater. I know doctor say at obesity is not a disease but a person's lack of willpower. Well I would disagree with them!! I think of food from the moment I get up til the moment I go to bed. I wouldn't doubt it that I dream about food. I can't remember how much I weigh in grade school but I know I was 250# when I graduated from High School. My highest weight since then was 311# and my lowest was 170#. I currently weight 282# and would like to get down to 165.

I had Gastric Bypass surgery back in Nov. 1998 which help me lose  141#. I love my new body except of course the extra skin I had around my belly. I kept the weight off for 2yrs until I started taking Drugs to IVF. My husband and I were able to get pregnant on our own so we had to do IVF. After the first treatment I was pregnant with twins. All during the pregnancy I forced myself to eat which streatched out my stomach. I gain over 50 pounds and never got rid of it. After another pregnancy 3 yrs later I gain even more weight and went back to my bad eating habits!

In March 2007 I decided to take diet pill to lose weight. I lost 40 pounds from March until Aug then I could seem to lose anymore weight and I was alway sick. So I went back to the Doctor because I though it was because of my IBS. After a couple of questions and exam of my belly she decided it was my IBS and was going to give me medicine. She asked my if I was pregnant and of course I said no but you can run a pregnancy test. Lab tech came out after the test to tell me I was pregnant!! Big Surprise because my husband and I had a slim to none chance of getting pregnant on our own. I called my Husband to tell him I was pregnant and he called me a liar. I don't blame him because we were suppose to get pregnant.  So during and after this last pregnancy I gain the weight back. Now I need to start again!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming by my blog! I'm really new to this journey too and I guarantee you will find a hugely supportive online community just like I have! I'll definitely be popping by to check on your progress. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete